Bata is a proud sponsor of a range of charities, local schools and community groups. We value the contribution that these organisations offer in our community and are proud to be supporting them as they continue to serve and build up our local communities.
Bata Proudly Supports The Zaidee Foundation
Zaidee Rose Turner aged 7 years and 22 days died suddenly on December 2nd 2004 in the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne. Zaidee was the only child under the age of 16 years who donated her Organs and Tissues in Victoria in 2004.
Since February 2006 the Foundation has been selling Zaidee's Rainbow Shoelaces nationally for organ and tissue donation and transplant awareness. Zaidee's Rainbow Shoelaces is the Foundations national symbol, and the aim of the Foundation and of the Turner family is to make Zaidee's Rainbow Shoelaces become the national symbol for organ and tissue awareness.
As part of Bata's ongoing support for the Zaidee Foundation they have named a trademark shoe in her honor and continue to donate $2 per shoe sold during the Back to School period.
For more information on the Rainbow Foundation visit www.zaidee.org
The Brighter Future 4 Kids Foundation
Bata Proudly Sponsers the Brighter Future 4 Kids Foundation
The Brighter Future 4 Kids Foundation is a special children's charity whose mission is to "meet the basic physical and nutritional needs of disadvantaged Australian children, and in doing so, help remove the barriers that prevent them from taking advantage of their best hope to escape the poverty trap - their education". The Brighter Future 4 Kids Foundation runs a number of practical school based programs that help these kids be 'ready to learn' - including the 'Shoes & Socks 4 Kids' program which provides free leather BATA school shoes and socks to disadvantaged children in need. Through our partnership with BATA shoes we are helping kids who come to school with no shoes or shoes that are worn out and held together with staples or tape - or worse - not coming to school at all because it is cold or raining and they don't have proper shoes to protect their little feet. We are very proud of our partnership with BATA shoes which is helping to make a real difference in the lives of our most vulnerable children.
Bata Proudly Sponsors Our Local Community....
- Langwarrin Park Primary School
- Patterson Lakes Primary School
- Mornington Secondary College
- Elizabeth Murdoch College - Langwarrin
- Carrum Downs Primary School
- Mt Erin Secondary College
- Somerville Secondary College
- St Brendan's Catholic School - Somerville
- Somerville Rise Primary School
- Dromana Secondary College
- Mt Eliza North Primary School
- Tanti Park Primary School
- St Roch's Catholic Parish Primary School
- St Paul's Primary School
- Skye Primary School
- Pearcedale Primary School
- Tyabb Railway Station Primary School
- Wonnai Kindergarten
- Patterson Lakes Kindergarten
- Red Hill & District Memorial Pre-School
- Langwarrin Park Pre-School
- Moorooduc Cricket Club
- Mornington Police Band Cadets
- Red Hill Art Show
- Peter Mac
- Variety Club
- Sydney Special Children's Christmas Party
- Southern Area Concert Band
- Australia's Biggest Morning Tea - Cancer Council
- Community One Inc.
- Cancer Council's "Girls Night In"